There are 13 sites across the city where children ages 18 and younger, can access several days worth of “Grab & Go” meals (breakfast and lunch). The locations will be open from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday during the duration of the school closure.
Service lines will be located at the front entrance of each school. No families will be allowed in the buildings. Sodexo staff will hand each student pre-packaged meals. Please note that children do not need to be enrolled in the Providence Public School District to access this program. This is a change to what has been previously shared.
The 13 Sites Are:
- William D’Abate Elementary School School located at 60 Kossuth Street.
- Gilbert Stuart Middle School located at 188 Princeton Street.
- Providence Career and Technical Academy located at 41 Fricker Street.
- Mt. Pleasant High School located at 434 Mt. Pleasant Avenue.
- Reservoir Elementary School located at 156 Reservoir Avenue.
- E-Cubed Academy located at 812 Branch Avenue.
- Juanita Sanchez High School located at 182 Thurbers Avenue.
- Hope High School located at 324 Hope Street.
- DelSesto Middle School located at 152 Springfield Street.
- Vartan Gregorian Elementary School located at 455 Wickenden Street.
- Nathanael Greene Middle School located at 721 Chalkstone Avenue.
- Alan Shawn Feinstein Elementary School, 1450 Broad Street.
- Times2 Academy, 50 Filmore Street.
In addition, the City of Providence will be offering free, several days worth of packaged dinner meals at each of Providence’s eleven recreation centers. Meals can be picked up between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are available for those 18 and under, but they must be personally present at the distribution site.
- Vincent Brown at 438 Hope Street.
- John H. Rollins at 674 Praire Avenue.
- Madeline Rogers at 60 Camden Avenue.
- Davey Lopes at 227 Dudley Street.
- Zuccolo at 18 Gesler Street.
- Armand E. Batastini Jr. at 50 Obediah Brown Road.
- Joslin at 17 Hyatt Street.
- Neutaconkanut at 675 Plainfield Street.
- West End at 109 Bucklin Street.
- Sackett at 159 Sackett Street.
- Kennedy at 195 Nelson Street.
Please note that all childcare centers have been ordered closed by Governor Raimondo effective Monday, March 16, 2020 for at least one week. This is a change from what was originally reported.